Brought to you by Choice, the producer of the Patron Driven and The Authority File podcasts, the TIE Podcast is a series about equity, diversity, and inclusion in higher education and beyond. TIE Editor-in-Chief Alexia Hudson-Ward interviews thought leaders from across academia and the professional community, including academic librarians, administrators, faculty, and authors to explore a range of topics to address DEIA through a pedagogical, scholarly, curatorial, and workplace/professional lens. The TIE Podcast is part of the Toward Inclusive Excellence content vertical, which also includes weekly blog posts and periodic webinars.
Find the episodes on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and Soundcloud.
Header image is a detail of This is Harlem by Jacob Lawrence. Courtesy of Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden. © 2021 The Jacob and Gwendolyn Knight Lawrence Foundation, Seattle / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York. For more information, click here.
- Dr. Tamika Nunley on How Black Women Defined Liberty in 19th-Century America
- In Dialogue with Dr. Rasul Mowatt and Dr. Davarian Baldwin on the History and Import of Black Studies
- Discussing African Influences on American Society with Pulitzer Prize Winner David Hackett Fischer
- TIE Podcast Fall Semester: Dr. Adriene Lim on Academic Library Leadership and the Bamboo Ceiling
- TIE Podcast Fall Semester: Crystal McCormick Ware on the Impact of Belonging on Campus
- TIE Podcast Fall Semester: Dr. Davarian L. Baldwin on How Universities Exacerbate Inequities in Urban Living
- TIE Podcast Summer Session: Applying Social Justice Principles to Leisure Studies with NC State University’s Dr. Rasul Mowatt
- TIE Podcast Spring Semester: Discussing Diverse Representation in Children’s Books with Author Kaija Langley
- TIE Podcast Spring Semester: Maintaining Humanity at Work, with Univ. of Minnesota’s Dr. Michelle Duffy
- TIE Podcast Spring Semester: A Conversation with Deborah Caldwell-Stone
TIE Podcast Fall Semester: A Conversation with Martha Jones
Sponsored by Gale, a Cengage Company
- TIE Podcast Summer Session: A Conversation with Steven S. Rogers